- To enable whole instance tracing:
- To disable whole instance tracing:
- To enable current session tracing:
- To disable current session tracing:
Note: procedure parameters can be adjusted to enable particular session or do other tuning.
- In order to find desired tracing file easier, its recommended to set trace file identifier for current session:
- To check what are enabled traces at the moment:
- To check/set where trace files are persisted in the server:
alter system set user_dump_dest='/u01/app/oracle/diag/......./trace';
- Trace files for need to be processed by TKPROF utility to be more understandable and readable. Just execute a command line in the server:
TKPROF can be tuned a bit. Find out more in Oracle guide.